Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What is RefWorks?
RefWorks is a web-based citation management and collaboration tool. It will allow you to organize, collect and manage your research.
- create your personal database of citations (w/the ability to attached the full-text article)
- export citations from databases and the Web
- generate in-text citations and bibliographies with ease
RefWorks User Guide
A Quick Start
Accessing RefWorks: Click here to access RefWorks.
- From the landing page for Howard University's RefWorks login page
Creating an Account: New users must first create an individual account to use RefWorks.
- From the landing page
- Click on Sign up for an Individual Account
- Fill in all fields in the New User Information box
- Enter your Howard email address in the email Address field
- Click on Register
**Please NOTE: A confirmation email will be sent to you with your user login, password and the Group Access Code for off-campus access
Off Campus Access:
- Access using the link provided above
- RefWorks will recognize you are not on campus
- Click to login